Cardiology is part of medical science that deals with the heart and circulatory system of the body. This deals with heart failure, coronary heart disease, heart defects, and electrophysiology. These doctors are known as cardiologists. And the doctors who perform surgeries related to the heart, lungs, and arteries of the blood are known as cardiovascular surgeons. There are many good cardiologists in maryland with good work experience.
A physician attends the college for 4 years and with experience and training in internal medicine. Most of the cardiologists in Maryland are well aware and updated with the latest methods of treatment and medicines. They deal with the diagnosis and treatment of heart ailments. Also, they may carry out tests and perform small surgeries like a pacemaker, angioplasty.
The heart doctor asks the patient about their family and medical history, risk factors that may arise because of lifestyle issues. Accordingly, tests are prescribed to know the type and severity of heart problems.
The different types of medical tests are –
- Blood tests – To check the sugar level, cholesterol, etc from the blood sample. Anaemia is also a leading cause that contributed to heart disease. Also, the level of proteins is detected in a blood test. If the level is high then this may be an alarming situation.
- X-ray – Takes a picture of heart, lung, and blood vessels that show the heart is failing.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – It shows how fast the heartbeats and what is the rate at which it rests too. These tests show the past heart attacks, enlarged heart, and coronary heart disease symptoms.
- Cardiac MRI – uses magnets and radio waves to take the picture of a beating heart. In the MRI the moving blood vessels and a pumping heart can be seen.
- Stress test – shows the amount of blood flowing to the heart. The heart rate is increased to see how much plaque has narrowed or affected the arteries. For this purpose, the patient is to do cardio like running on a treadmill. Moreover, if the person cannot exercise then the patient is given medicines to increase it.
To summarise, Dealing with heart diseases is a scary process. The team of cardiologists aims and ensure that a patient gets the best care and is treated in the best possible way. With the best doctor’s staff and efficient nurses, the treatment becomes effective and good.